30.9.10

Send me mail!

Start sending me letters!!  Everyone is starting to get letters, which is always exciting.  It feels a lot like summer camp because they pass out the letters to everyone.  If you send more than one letter, write what number the letter is in case it gets lost.  I'd love to have some pictures or cards to hang up on my wall!!

Here is my address:
Shannon Mentock
Corps de la Paix
BP 215
Yaounde, Cameroon
AFRICA

You can send packages to that address too if you'd like.  We have to pay a tax on packages that I think is by weight, so keep that in mind when deciding what to send.  I've been told it is best to write the addresses in red because of superstitions and to not send anything too valuable or to seperate things into multiple boxes because it might not make it.

ALSO, if you want me to write you letters email me or leave a comment with your address.  I have envelopes and free time and I know how to use it.

Thanks!!

5 comments:

Family Care said...

How much postage does it take to get to Africa? I'll need prices for a letter, a package and a Nermal. Someone please get that joke.

Erin said...

how long will that be your address?? i want to send you a card from taiwan--it might take a while though!

shannonpc said...

A letter is 98 cents and the package depends on what you put in it. The flat rate boxes are apparently the way to go. I get the Nermal joke, jaja.

That's the address for PC HQ, so I can get mail there the whole time I'm here! :)

Francesandgloria said...

ditto to Erin...I am away from home right now so it will be a few more days before I can get a letter in the mail...will explain later..

Also, I hope you brought your chicken picture to decorate...I can order more if you didn't...

Anonymous said...

Shannon, Whooee, teach that duck who's boss! Easy for me to say, I used to be terrorized by a tom turkey. We'll send a letter soon. Gros bisous! Sarah, Tommy, and Kellen.

Post a Comment