4.8.11

Rain, rain, rain

Now that it's rainy season it rains all the time.  When it rains, you literally can't do anything.  People just don't show up for events or meetings and everyone is okay with that, which makes doing any real work during rainy season difficult.  It also really throws off your schedule because you are homebound until the rain stops.  The other day I had no food at my house and it rained all day so I couldn't go to the market.  I had to make do with ramen and onion rings.  My house is at the bottom of a little hill in my neighborhood which gets super slippery and I almost fall every time it's wet.  I went to visit my postmate the other day (about a 15-20 minute walk from my house) after a rain storm and there were no motos out so I had to walk the whole way in a light drizzle.  This is a picture from that day of the bridge near my house.  Normally this is just a tiny stream but since it's at the bottom of a few hills it gets flooded big time.  The next day it looked like nothing had happened.  Sometimes it's nice to have an excuse to be lazy all day, but it rains too much which disturbs my plans so the rain has got to go...

1 comment:

Ryan said...

FIRST POST!!!! I faced a lot of competition, but I came out on top....

Post a Comment