2.5.11

Baby Cats

My cat had four little babes on March 6. Here are some photos because they are adorable and this is basically what I do with my time now since I live alone.


This is mama cat a few hours before birth. She doesn’t look very comfortable.

When they were born they didn’t have hair on their legs so they looked like mice.



Cat pile part one (a few days old) and two (about 7 weeks old). Things don’t change much.




Big sis checking in on the kittens in their box.
After about 4 weeks or so the mama will pick them up by their necks and move them places (like my bed) or hide them. When I got home from my training/vacation after being gone for two weeks during which time this new behavior began I noticed they weren’t in the box and I couldn’t find them anywhere. I’m really paranoid that the mom is going to eat the babies (it has happened to other volunteers…) so I was freaking out a little bit. I looked for 15 minutes and then finally called my neighbor who was looking after them. My neighbor ended up finding them almost right away though and they’re still around, so hopefully that’s not going to happen.

Kitten scratching.
I’m pretty sure that they gave me fleas last week, but I haven’t seen any evidence for a couple of days, so hopefully that’s over.

More to come...

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a purpose. ~Garrison Keillor

Post a Comment